Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

WWE Network


On Wednesday, January 8 the WWE announced their new network will be released on February 24, 2014. This is way off their original target date of April 1, 2012. Even though I have been waiting for this since the beginning I am glad they decided to wait. Originally the plan was to have it be a typical channel on a cable provider. Since it kept being pushed back over and over they have eventually decided to release it as a streaming device such as Netflix or Hulu. On its release they will have every single WWE, WCW, and ECW pay-per-view. This is over 300 events already being announced for the network. They are advertising that they will have 1500 hours worth of content on launch date.  They will also have their own lineup of TV shows available to watch and stream on the channel. Not only do you get all the previous pay-per-views, but every single pay-per-view will air live, including Wrestlemania. You get all of this for a monthly commitment of $9.99 with a six month commitment.

I think that the WWE network is a great idea. Not only does it appeal to the current fans of the WWE, but I think it will start drawing in older fans. They can go back and watch all of the older content from WWE television. They can relive their fandom of favorite wrestlers such as Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, and Rowdy Roddy Piper. It will also be great to watch other organizations to like WCW and ECW. Another thing I really enjoy about it is the price. $9.99 is a great deal for all of the content you receive. For example, if you order every single pay-per-view you would pay around $720 for the year. Now, you can watch them all for $120. I don't give the WWE my money very often. I usually stream the pay-per-views online or don't watch them at all. I only own a few DVDs and the only consistent money they get from me is when I buy their video game every year.  I will be buying the WWE network on launch date and would urge any past or present professional wrestling fan to try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment